Find A Website Designer
If your website’s content isn’t engaging, then you run the risk of losing potential customers. Website design is an investment in your business because clients develop their opinions about your business based on your website’s first impression. 94% of first impressions about not only your website but your business are related to its web design.
Finding a web designer isn’t as hard as it may seem so in this article we’re going to outline what to look for in your pursuit of a web designer. An adept web designer will be able to design something for your specific needs, while offering tips and strategies on how to elevate your online presence.
Should I hire a website designer?
More than 50% of businesses outsource their website to a web designer. Whether or not you hire a web designer will be dependent on answers to some of the following frequently asked questions:
What does my website need?
How much it cost to design your website will depend on exactly what you need for the site. If your site is complex or very customized then it will take more time and resources. If you’re a small business then you may only need a six-page website with a home page, about me page, contact page, pricing information page, landing page, and a page for testimonials. These websites are lean but great for those who are just starting out.
Speak with your consumers, and employees about the strengths and weaknesses of your current website and get their ideas about ways to improve it. These tips will help you and your web designer understand pivotal information about how to better serve your clientele. Note all the necessary and unnecessary parts of your site so that you know where you can make additions and reductions.
Do I have time to build my website?
Web design takes time even for seasoned professionals so if you have the time to develop your own site then you will be able to save money however, it could take you twice as long. If you want to make a website that differentiates itself from others then that will take even more time.
The time you spend on your site will be the time that you miss attracting customers to your online business platform. If you want to get your website up and running as soon as possible, then it could be in your best interest to hire a web developer.
Do I have the experience necessary to build a website?
Building a website from scratch isn’t an easy task and requires a certain amount of coding, graphic design, writing, organization, and marketing skills. Some individuals are up for the challenge of developing themselves in all of these areas and some just don’t have time the time or the energy it takes to meet proficiency.
An expert web developer will have the necessary skills to put together a custom site for your brand. Throwing together a website isn’t enough to make it successful. Each element of your site needs to flow well, and engage your audience. Without this, then your website could do more harm to your business than good.
How can I make my website like other sites that I admire?
Before you hire a web designer think of some of the websites you frequent often. Now consider some of the other websites in your industry, and the websites of your competitors. How could your website recreate some of their most effective elements in a way that’s true to your brand identity?
Compiling a list of sites that you like to use, sites that your customers use, and some of the more popular designs that inspire you will help your future web designer customize the perfect site for you. What fonts stand out to you, and what other design elements of their site, like the usage of space and color make their website effective. Understanding attractive designs can help you and your web design build the perfect site that’s aesthetically pleasing and has an optimal user experience.
How much will a website designer cost?
Web design costs can vary but they normally charge at a variable hourly rate from $15 an hour up to more than $100 per hour. Consider a simple website design with five pages at $40/hour. If each page takes one to three hours to design then you would spend about $400 for your website.
How can I find the right web designer?
At this point, you understand why you need a web designer so now let’s help you find the right person for the task of creating your website. Here are a few points to consider before hiring the person to design your site for you:
- Budget: Consider how much you’re willing to spend on your website before hiring someone to complete it for you because rates may vary.
- Designer Types: Freelancers, Design Agencies, and Full-Service Firms can design your website and may also be able to provide additional services. The more you need, the more it will cost.
- Portfolio: Always consults your potential web designer’s portfolio to get an idea for their skill level and capabilities.
- Testimonials: Most designers post their former clients testimonies about their services on their website or media profiles. These testimonials can provide valuable insight into things like their punctuality, capabilities, accountability, and the level of their service.
- Price: Often you get what you pay for but if you don’t research the price of what it will cost for your web design, then you could end up paying a lot more than you intended. Knowing the price will allow you to compare designers and find the one that best suits you.
- Other Services Available: All designers aren’t created equally and your business may require additional services besides your site design.
- Design Process: Will your designer sit down with you to discuss why they did things the way they did, and what’s the the most effective options in your industry? You want to work with a designer that not only builds you a beautiful site but helps you understand the methods and strategies that will make your website optimal.
Where can I find a great designer?
Sites like Fiverr can provide freelance designers with testimonials, references, and gives you a glimpse of their portfolios. There you can find designers for any budget. Also consider working a full-service agency like On The Map Marketing because we can provide all of the services that you need to create, design, grow, and promote your website.
Article by Valeria Nunez
I graduated in international business and marketing from Florida international university before starting as a CSM and SEO account manager at On The Map Marketing in 2017. Now I’m the client strategy director, leading a team of eight customer success managers — and have overseen hundreds of successful SEO campaigns for our clients. Outside of marketing, I love playing Tennis, watching sports, traveling, and meeting new people.
Table of Contents