Analyze Your Dental Site’s On-Site SEO (w/ Google Chrome)
Table of Contents
SEO is the acronym for Search Engine Optimization, which is the science of raising a website to the top of the ranks in various search engines. The purpose of SEO is to generate traffic to your website as most internet surfers normally choose between the top three or four results that appear at the top of the screen. The attention that your site grabs leaves more opportunity for the consumer to sign up for a service, purchase a product, or simply gather information.
Google scans your website in detail to understand how it should be ranked. In order to get the most validation from your search engine you have to demand the most attention and a great way to do that is to create innovated headlines. Compare your headlines to your competitors with the following steps:
- Type in your competitors dental website
- Right click the webpage and select either “inspect element” or “view page source.”
- A new page should open. Hold down the control button and hit the F key to find the H1 (Heading 1) source. The H1 should be a short description of the website or business followed by the location.
Title tags are the overall narrations of the webpage. They are made to condense the ideas of the website into a shorter quib that Google and quickly understand and identify. It should be different from the heading of the page and utilize keywords. To find the title tag of your competitors website:
- Sign onto your competitors website
- Right click on “View Page Source”
- Search the coding for the title tag element under “title.” Remember that a search engine will use your title tag on the tab of your internet browser. Keep your tags short and to the point.
Usually a meta-description is the 130-160 character summary that appears beneath the title tag in the search results. The meta-description is important because it proves to the web surfer that the information that they need is somewhere on that page. To find an accurate meta-description follow these steps:
1) Enter url of desired website
2) Right click to inspect element on web page or view page source
3) Hit control +F to find the Meta-Description
Keywords are one of the most important factors when it comes to the creation of content and a high SEO ranking. Keywords should be precise enough to get a clear aim regarding the viewers needs. Each word should also be related to the subject that you are discussing. For example, obvious keywords for your dental business may include:
- Root canal
- Dental insurance
Article by Kristaps Brencans
I started as a project manager at On The Map Marketing in 2015 and now run the day-to-day operations as the company’s chief executive officer. In the last few years, I have overseen thousands of successful SEO campaigns in numerous industries, including lawyers, contractors, E-commerce, and other markets. I am also a proud dad of three divas and take a keen interest in running and calisthenics.